Why is Solar Power Important?
With every passing year, the reasons why solar power is important become increasingly evident. It's becoming a more popular power source for homeowners and business owners alike now that people have begun to learn about how many benefits of solar power.
- Environmentally-Friendly: Solar energy doesn't rely on fossil fuels, it works with the Earth's natural resources, which means it doesn't pollute the air or water and it doesn't contribute to global warming.
- Affordable: In recent years, the cost of installing solar panels or a solar electric system has become much more affordable. Even so, some may find the one-time cost intimidating, but on average somebody switching to solar can recoup their investment in about ten years so you'll save money in the long run! Solar panels can also increase the value of your home so when you sell your home, you can recoup your investment.
- Reliable: The sun is a renewable energy source and it's, largely, a reliable way to harness energy. Solar power is "free" to harness - once the system is up and running - and better in the long run.
- Spurs Economic Growth: The solar energy industry creates jobs 17 times faster than other sectors in the United States, with hundreds of thousands of people.
- Promotes Energy Independence: Using solar panels means you don't have to be as reliant on the power grid to get your heat and electricity, so you're no longer as vulnerable to price spikes or outages especially if you have a battery backup system!